Should I go for SanDisk 64GB USB3.0 or a PNY 120GB Turbo USB3.0

Neovatar

Reputable
Oct 4, 2014
Hello world of experts and lay opinions, I am in the market to buy a new USB 3.0 Flash drive.

In my understanding the larger the capacity the better therefore I'm opting to go for 64gb or 120gb.

After much research I have settled for two drives of which I'm at a impasse requiring, a fresh perspective and experience to make my final decision.

The two options I came across within my budget are (both has the same price)

PNY Turbo 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive - Speeds Approx. 10X Faster Than USB 2.0 - P-FD128TBOP-GE

Which has great seq.Read/Write speeds

VS

SanDisk Extreme 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive With Speed Up To 190MB/s, Frustration-Free Packaging- SDCZ80-064G-AFFP

Which has the best i/o performance of any USB 3.0 in its range. Blazing fast. But the downside is that it's 32GB vs the 120GB. Also the 32GB thumb is larger than the 120GB.

Please can you put your personal experiences with USB flash drives in particular these, and What would you go For?

mnineseven

Reputable
Sep 20, 2014
You won't feel the difference much, in speed, whereas you will get double the storage with the PNY.
You will save half a minute at best in normal usage considering both are USB 3.0
So definitely go for the 120GB PNY thumb drive.

TRENDING THREADS