1st time builder, double check my setup/give me suggestions!

jnixon6056

Reputable
Oct 4, 2014
How's it going everyone. I'm a first time builder, and I am trying to make sure I'm not wasting money, and I want to make sure that all I have here is compatible. I have watched a series of videos of how to build a computer released by newegg, which was helpful. I have been on other forums, I have posted my build on other forums and made changes. I'm completely open to suggestions. I am trying to maintain a fairly inexpensive build. I have had many suggestions for Intel. For the money, I would like to stay with AMD. This will be mainly for gaming, I don't play anything too crazy. I will probably play Project Cars, Titan Fall, World of Tanks. Not much of an RPG person, which gives me more room to work with.

Microcenter has amazing bundle deals, mobo and cpu is a bundle deal at microcenter.

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 Socket AM3+ 990FX ATX AMD Motherboard

FX-8320 Black Edition

Both of these are $210 together. ($250 separate)

Sapphire Technology Radeon R9 270X Overclocked 2048MB DDR5 PCIe 3.0x16 Video Card

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL

Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-03 Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Gaming Case

Corsair CX Series CX750M 750 Watt ATX Modular Power Supply

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

WD BLACK SERIES WD1003FZEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

This all totals somewhere around $525. Plus windows will put me around $600. What do you guys think about this setup? will it work? Would I benefit from adding or removing something? I also have considered coughing up the extra money for an SSD. If I have the money I will.

Cold_War

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
You have great quality parts in your build and should also have great performance. A SSD would make a difference in boot times for Windows & programs, and disk read/write speeds, but storage comes at a high price! My boot time is actually only 30 seconds though with my hard drive, so personally it isn't a major deal.

jnixon6056

Reputable
Oct 4, 2014
Thanks for the feedback! I'll live with slower load times, as long as I have good fps I will live! I did a lot of googling to read reviews on everything. Trying to pick parts with the best reviews since I have no personal experience. Thanks again for the feedback, it's good to hear I'm on the right track now!