which model of GeForce GTX 970 should I use ?

jtyankees23

Reputable
Oct 4, 2014
I'm building a gaming pc and was looking to use this video card Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX but its out of stock is there any difference between that one and these: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0 4GB Graphics Cards 04G-P4-2975-KR and EVGA GTX 970 ACX 1.0 4GB GDDR5 256bit, DVI-I, DVI-D, HDMI, DP SLI Ready Graphics Card 04G-P4-0972-KR. Is it the same card made by different companies or different cards all together also is there any other cards with the same power and is around the same price range?

From my research I ended up buying the MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970s. They have the "more better parts". I am an ASUS fan, but am not sure why they did what they did with this model. They only have one 8 pin power connector that seems to limit the max boost speed of the card. EVGA does nothing or close to nothing with their board above stock. The MSI uses 6 phase power to the GPU and 2 phase to the vRAM. Stock is 4 phase GPU, 1 phase vRAM. They also use Mil spec parts. Here is the article that sold me on it. http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2014/09/19/nvidia-geforce-gtx-970-review/1

I was goofing with them today to test OCing and I threw 1300MHz on the GPU and 8000MHz on the VRAM and with the stock fan profile and no voltage increase it just ran. I was impressed. I don't run them OC'ed because right now I don't need the extra power, but if I was running one card I'd be ALL over that overclock.