Need help on building $600-$700 gaming PC

Furrball

Reputable
Aug 3, 2014
Looking to build a gaming PC with a budget of around $600-$700 but would really like some help on it. I don't need OP, DVD, or hard drive. Probably won't be overclocking anything but not set against it. I had been looking at a Radeon R9 280X but not stuck on it.

Thanks!

ZeusGamer

Admirable
Assuming that you live in United States, this is the best I can come up with, specially with your budget.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($98.98 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($34.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI 970 GAMING ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Mushkin Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($76.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 280X 3GB DirectCU II Video Card ($237.30 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $743.22
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-05 00:41 EDT-0400

Here are the reason why I chose the parts that I chose.

CPU: This CPU has got 6 cores. It would be enough for what you plan on doing on this computer. Very overclockable and great for gaming. You shouldn't have problems with this CPU at all!

CPU Cooler: Here's a budget CPU cooler that is really amazing. It can compete with the high end CPU coolers out in the market and it can beat them sometimes too!

Motherboard: This motherboard is aimed for gamers. It's got everything you'll need for what you want your computer to do. This will be great if you want to upgrade your CPU to an AMD FX 8350 in the future!

Memory: 8GB is the standard for RAM when you're only doing gaming for your computer. 2133 Mhz speed is fast too. You'll love it!

Storage: 1TB means you'll have a lot of storage for your games and OS. You can actually buy another one of these and put them in RAID 0. What it does is combine two HDD's and have them work as one.

Video Card: I've kept your preference for GPU. I've got two of these in my system and I've never been so satisfied! Also, R9 280x is very upgradable too! You can buy another one for crossfire setup. Or you can upgrade to a whole new GPU in the future!

Case:The case is very spacious too. It's got good cable management and it's got good airflow! This was my very first case and let me tell you what! It's amazing!

PSU: This PSU will suffice for your gaming needs and the rest of your components will be powered up with this amazing PSU. This PSU is also semi-modular. This will be great if you want good cable management on your computer!

Hope I've helped you!