Sell as system or part out?

deadshots

Reputable
Sep 10, 2014
Just like it says, just wanting your guy's opinion. I have it assembled right now it just needs a GPU. Thing is I want to sell it either as a whole or part it out. Opinions?

AMD FX 6300 CPU
MSI 970A-G43 Motherboard
8GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3 Ram (2x4GB)
EVGA 600B 80+ Bronze Certified PSU
Coolermaster Hyper EVO 212 CPU cooling system (2x120mm CM fans)
320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200 HDD
MGE TITANIUM Silver Mid Tower ATX Computer Case
2x92mm Fans Blue LED
2x80mm fans
1x slot fan
LG DVD burner
Wyse Usb Keyboard
Wireless Logitech Trackball Mouse
Logitech Speakers

All the parts but the case are anywhere from 1 week to 3 months old. Case is a couple years. I also have the two GTX 660's in my current build that I'd like to get rid of IF I can get enough for all these parts to get either a GTX 980 or 970. What would be the best place to sell em? I have them on CL but I live in Idaho and it doesn't seem like there are many PC gamers here. Ebay? Other Sites?

Solution
Just get a 970 and save the extra money. You will run everything at Ultra on your 60Hz 1080p monitor.

The 980 is meant to drive faster and higher resolution monitors.
I'd suggest selling them separately so that the value of every component will be accounted for.

Unfortunately your best bet at selling them all in reasonable time is probably to a local computer repair shop, who will ask to buy all together for a lower total value. Putting them up online will probably be too slow and troublesome with packaging/delivery. Pawnshops will offer too little $ because they are too dumb to know the value of the relatively new parts.

deadshots

Reputable
Sep 10, 2014
You think I'll get enough parting it out that I could get a GTX 970 or 980? I notice you're a GPU expert haha different question but in your opinion do you think the 980 is worth the extra $200?

You should get enough for a new card. Don't know how much though, depends on what the buyer accepts.

Whether the 980 is worth the extra $$ will depend on your monitor setup (also your CPU has to be good enough to not bottleneck a powerful 980)