Need helps and tips for OCing my AMD FX 6100

mohdzarif

Honorable
Nov 10, 2013
I am very new to overclocking. So I need to also make sure that what I am doing is correct. I need to learn more.

My specs:
CPU: AMD FX 6100 (Still experimenting with stable OC)
Mobo: ASUS M5A97 R2.0
Cooler: Corsair H80i

I'm currently running Prime95 Small FFTs at the time of writing this. My OC configurations are:
Frequency: 4.4GHz (22.0 X 200MHz)
VCore: 1.452V

I have CPU Load Line Calibration enabled. CPU-Z gives me 1.476V reading when Prime95 is running. It seems that Cool n Quiet and C1E are automatically disabled for me when I turned the voltage control to manual mode from offset mode. I let C6 still enabled. (Should I disable i too?)

I wanna tell a little of my story today. First, I tried OC'd to 4.5 GHz @ 1.44V, ran Prime95 after some minutes, Windows crashed with an error I forgot what it was, but it was not "clock watchdog timeout". Upped my VCore to 1.52V after that, ran Prime95 after a few minutes, Core #5 and #6 stopped working because of "maximum number of warnings exceeded". Error: Illegal Sumout. So I downclocked my CPU to 4.4GHz at the same VCore of 1.52V. This is my current configuration. After, 1 hour and 29 minutes of Prime95, Core #6 stopped working because of the same error. The same run is still running at the time of writing this, it is now close to 3 hours and all the other 5 cores are still running fine.

My questions are:
Am I in the right track right now? Is there anything wrong?
Errors in Prime95 are usually caused by wrong VCore isn't it?
Any suggestions for a noob like me?

Also, share your configurations. Give me helpful tips. :)

---------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: MORE INFO.

Case: Corsair Carbide SPEC-03, currently equipped with 2 stock intake fans in front and the fans of the radiator of my H80i for the exhaust fan.
CPU: AMD FX-6100
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 2 X 4GB
Mobo: ASUS M5A97 R2.0

Prime95 is currently stopped.

During the time of running Prime95:
Max socket temp: 72C
Max core temp: 56C
AMD OverDrive lowest Thermal Margin reading: 14C

CPU-Z:
03DEyF0.png

WUPJQop.png
5ajRNJG.png