AMD FX8350 or I5 4670k for Twitch streaming Dark Souls 2?

AMD FX 8350 or Intel I5 4670k

• AMD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INTEL

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Milliamz

Reputable
Oct 6, 2014
Pretty explains it in the title, right?

Just to let you know, I'm not a prince in Dubai, so I'm on a bit of a budget.

I bought and AMD FX 8350 recently but after reading A LOT of reviews on the interweb, I have some doubts and am decididing whether to buy and new mobo and I5 4670k to increase my streaming quality.

Also, would using my GPU for main screen and modo VGA input for my 2nd (web browsing, twitch dashboard) monitor increase my streaming quality/gaming quality?

I love you

Milliamz

Reputable
Oct 6, 2014

I ordered a new mobo just in case I do change to Intel. I was maybe thinking of getting an 17 4770k. Is this better for what I need?

I'm using a Asus HD7770. I thought it was quite a decent gpu........

mlga91

Admirable

You'll be better getting another gpu, for the price of a that i7 you can get a gtx 970, but even a R9 270X can easily max it out.

Milliamz

Reputable
Oct 6, 2014

could the gpu be that cause of so much CPU usage?

theprskx2

Reputable
Oct 8, 2014

In games, the CPU is used for AI Calculations and general Physics calculations. If the GPU isn't strong, the CPU will still do the same amount of work (calculate where the bullet hits, how the character walks, etc), but the FPS will be low due to the ROPs (GPU Cores) lagging behind the CPU.

A slow CPU will generally not cause graphical lag, except when the game is coded to [wait] for the CPU instruction before rendering the frame. A slow CPU will cause stutters instead.

I need clarification about what is your problem right now.
Is your game Lagging?
Is your stream of bad quality?
Is your stream lagging?
High CPU Usage?

If its only High CPU usage without any lag, then its probably a good thing, since it tells you that your CPU is doing whatever it can to make the best possible quality stream. I would instead be worried if the CPU DIDN'T use much of its cycles.

Regards,

TRENDING THREADS