Graphics Card spinning at full, no signal on monitor

BritishDude96

Reputable
Oct 6, 2014
Hi! I'm new to this site so I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong area. :(

Anywho, I was hoping someone could give me a hand with my PC - It's only 7 days old, and I've been having graphics card issues with it already.

When I turn my computer on, the system starts up as normal - but there is an annoying, loud whirring coming from the graphics card. Nothing is displayed on my monitor neither.

It usually stops and goes to normal speed for 10 seconds, or less or maybe longer, then starts going at 100% again.

I eventually get it to work after a thousand resets, but then it will be back to square one the next day.

My graphics card is: NVIDIA GeForce GT 705 with the latest graphics drivers, and the PC is a HP Pavilion 500-319na

Anybody have any suggestions to what I can do?

Solution
hmm, you have it installed in the first pcie slot correct? could be a bad card really, do you have another pc to test it in? that error you are referring to is the graphic driver has stopped responding most likely.

I would remove the driver using dd download it and it will remove all you nvidia stuff. reboot and it hopefully should be running off the windows driver fine, if it isnt its safe to say its the card

I would try re installing a different driver first though
hmm i know mine does that when my pc would completely lock up and go to a back screen due to my cpu overclock whiel gaming, I have never seen this on startup, your best bet it to remove the card, reseat the memory, reset the bios.

do you have onboard video to reset the bios? if not you should be able to clear it with the jumper on the motherboard

BritishDude96

Reputable
Oct 6, 2014

Yeah, I tried resetting the BIOS to default settings, but that didn't solve anything sadly. I did get a notification once come to think of it. My screen went black during use and the fan sped up, then dropped. My monitor came back on and said: "Your graphics card stopped responding, but then recovered."

Something along the lines like that anyway, but it confuses me. I'm thinking: "Is it not detecting till its booted which then I need to restart the system? Is something not configured right?" :??:

hmm, you have it installed in the first pcie slot correct? could be a bad card really, do you have another pc to test it in? that error you are referring to is the graphic driver has stopped responding most likely.

I would remove the driver using dd download it and it will remove all you nvidia stuff. reboot and it hopefully should be running off the windows driver fine, if it isnt its safe to say its the card

I would try re installing a different driver first though

Solution