I'm new to PC gaming and would like to know what would be the best game to start off with.

TruenoICE

Reputable
Oct 6, 2014
Hello, I'm new to PC gaming and I just want to ask what would be a good starting game. I have a Pavilion that will have an Intel Core2 E6600 processor, 8GB of RAM, and XFX Radeon HD 7750 1GB. I have been looking into some games and would like to know which one will keep me busy till I can get more games. Thanks
- Fallout 3
- Fallout New Vegas
- Skyrim
- Borderlands

TruenoICE

Reputable
Oct 6, 2014
I'm open to other games as well, but i'm primarily interested in RPG and racing games, though I don't mind other types like strategy games and FPSs.

jkarateking

Honorable
Jun 5, 2014
Skyrim will keep you going for the longest and you can play hours after hours of the game without finishing everything. The game has a massive open world and if you download mods for it it could last you for ever.
Fallout 3 and new vegas are still very long games but won't provide as much as much gameplay as skyrim does. The world in those games are smaller than skyrim and not as many mods have been made for them compared to skyrim. However they are still very good games and will keep you intrigued for hours.
Borderlands won't provide nowhere near as much gameplay as the other 3 games. It is still a good game but I wouldn't want it to be my only game.

Of your open to suggestions then the arma series is quite good. You can get arma 2 combined operations for like £16.99 (combined operations contains both arma 2 and arma 2 operation arrowhead and it is recommended to get combined operations as the 2 games are useless without eachover).

To conclude, skyrim is the best game to start off with due to the amount of gameplay in the game and you can do more in it that most games.

Hope I helped.

jkarateking

Honorable
Jun 5, 2014

Dark souls is hard and I don't think he would want (and I would reccommend against) having it as your first game as it gets frustrating at times and he would have no other game to play when he's annoyed at dark souls. Also it doesn't contain nowhere near as much gameplay as skyrim or fallout and so isn't good as an only game.

mr-scarface

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2008
Skyrim is great (especially with mods which really enhance the visuals) but it will take up all your time. It will be difficult to play other games alongside it unless you have lots of free time.

Nevertheless it's a great game. Check out the nexusmod website to see the best mods for it.

I would try the total war series as well. You'd be surprised how much enjoyment and longevity you can get from the older titles such as Rome 1 and Medieval 2 if you get some good single player mods.

I wouldn't play any of the latest first person shooters until you upgrade your CPU as it's pretty old.

Cheers,

yellowpois0n

Reputable
May 11, 2014
If you like shoot and loot and RPG, you will mostly like World Of Warcraft. I love that game, as im a huge fan of skyrim and borderlands.

TruenoICE

Reputable
Oct 6, 2014
Alright thanks for all the suggestions guys, and I may get Dark Souls later on. I don't have much spare time, so I'm not to worried on how long it will be before I can get other games. And I actually enjoy difficult games that can be frustrating; which is why I usually start off playing games at the hardest difficulty available, as it will be more fulfilling beating it and will increase its longevity. And I don't mind older games either; considering I'm getting into PC gaming to keep up with today's games (latest gaming system I have is a Wii, but I tend to play my PS2). And just out of curiosity, would my PC be able to run games like Battlefield 4 at all? I don't care too much about graphics, I just enjoy playing the game for what it is.

TruenoICE

Reputable
Oct 6, 2014
Also I just looked up on systemrequirementslab.com and my PC processor is at the minimum, but my GPU is in between the minimum and recommended.