What is your most favourite country you would like to visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfshadw

Titan
I'd like to add to this thread, if anyone else joins in, what your home country is.

Home Country: United States

I'd love to head back to Germany, hop on the train system and do about three months of Volksmarches.
Second, I think I'd like to hit the main island of Japan. Do like three days in a major city, seven days in the countryside, then three more days in another major city.
Next would likely be Australia. One week in Sydney/Queensland, two weeks in The Outback.
Beyond that, maybe South East Asia or more parts of Europe (England/Spain), but really, nothing else really piques my interest. Maybe a February Golf weekend in Antarctica.

-Wolf sends

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
England Canada my 2 favourite countries I would like to visit.

Bettydbrice

Reputable
Oct 12, 2014
he Bahamas are beautiful and I love the laid-back way of life they’ve got there.

My heart belongs to Australia, though! I fell in love with it. I’ve been all around the country but I’d have to say that Melbourne takes the cake for me

Really? I found Perth to be the best place to live though I loved Brisbane, except for the humidity.

Adelaide and Melbourne pretty much sucked, though the sheer diversity of food in Melbourne is amazing.

Its just a crap place to live ... everything is old and rundown ... ditto for Adelaide ... plus Adelaide smells.

Since you can see the smog 60kms away from Sydney I just gave that place a complete miss ...

:)

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
The Philippines is one place do not go. Poor and pathetic to see. people are not that foreign friendly either.

Bettydbrice

Reputable
Oct 12, 2014

Each one has own view about their favorite place,so I love Melbourne

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
Sydney is another picturesque city to see in your country.

wafflecakes

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012
I find that a lot of the larger cities seem exactly the same, so I no longer look to visiting major metropolitan areas. The real "gems" of foreign countries, in my opinion, are in the country sides.

I want do a Eastern Europe backpacking trip so bad. :(

gropouce

Distinguished
May 1, 2011
Home country is France.
I've already been in many countries i wanted to visit, like Ireland, Scotland, Germany, Switzerland, Morocco.
I'm just coming back from Japan (with Jet lag and stuff) and this one was awesome, despite two typhoons and a little earthquake.
For those who want to travel there, i recommend to stay at least one week in Tokyo. I couldn't go to Kyoto because of typhoons, but there are many "little" cities in countryside that are awesome. Nikko is one of them, with buildings made in 1640 (and incredible resistance to earthquakes!!)

For now, i would like to see some of States in US, Canada, Australia and Peru. (i won't die before to see Macchu Pichu)

D

Deleted member 217926

Home is the US state of Georgia. But I have also lived in Florida and Tennessee.

I have been pretty lucky and traveled quite a bit in my life but even with all the places I have been it's really only a small part of the world. I really would like to go everywhere.

I have been to:
Panama ( for 3 months )
Bahamas ( twice )
Puerto Rico ( twice )
St. Thomas ( twice )
St Martin
St. Croix
England
France
Belgium
The Netherlands
Germany
Liechtenstein
Switzerland
Austria
Italy
Monaco
Vatican City
And every US state east of the Mississippi river except Maine.

Switzerland, Austria and north Italy are probably the prettiest places I have been. The Alps and Dolomites are amazing.

I really want to do some traveling out west in the US and I really would like to go to Australia at some point. Asia as well but I would probably do eastern Europe first.

Home: USA, Washington State.

Countries:

Deutschland
England
Polska
Ireland

Reason, because of family/gentic history. See some of the Old World.

Others after the first four:

Oz,
Japan
Canada,( because, why not?)
Rest of Western Europe, except France...don't think the frenchies would like me? :/

D

Deleted member 217926

I thought France was pretty nice myself. I went to Europe in 1994 specifically to be there for the 50th anniversary of D-Day and we spent an extra week in France to go to Normandy and see the invasion beaches. We were the first people in my family to visit my great uncles grave in the American cemetery there. He died on D+2 when the halftrack he was riding in was hit by mortar fire.

The food in France certainly lived up to it's reputation. Only Italy had better but that's subjective since I love Italian food.

gropouce

Distinguished
May 1, 2011

Really ?
Why French people especially wouldn't like you ?

All my respect for you great uncle.

Concerning the food, i had a long discussion about "french food" with one of my japanese friend.
In France, "french food" doesn't exist, since it is VERY different depending on the region.
For example, i love italian food too, and i think it is close too south eastern french food, due to the (almost improper) use of olive oil. But if you travel to north eastern or to my birth place, you'll find very different food.

D

Deleted member 217926

Pretty much anywhere you go the best food is usually found in the small towns where the locals eat and not in the big cities.

All my respect for you great uncle.

Thank you. It was very moving seeing just how many are buried in the American cemetery and to see the grave of my grandmother's brother. So many of the graves say only ' Known but to God '. And then knowing we Americans actually lost the fewest people of the major powers in the war....

The museum at Arromanches was also amazing.

We came across the channel on a Hoverspeed from Dover to Calais then into Belgium and did a big loop around France to the other countries and came back into France in the south from Italy through Monaco and Nice and through Cannes and Saint Tropez and from there up into Paris. From Paris we took day long bus trips to Normandy. We stayed in Paris a week and it is a beautiful city. I wish I could have spent the whole week just in the Louvre!

My real impression of France ( at least in 1994 ) was that it looks the most like parts of the US of any of the countries I visited. The villages and towns that have been there forever of course look different but the land looks very similar. Especially the big areas of farm land.

I have heard rumors about the French hating Americans being in their presence. Like...absolutely despise us. About everything. It is kinda sad.

I would like to go see France; but apparantly, we Americans are vermon.

Maybe you could be my body-guard/translator? Would be great for you to show me your nation!

gropouce

Distinguished
May 1, 2011

Hmm.
interesting.

I don't think so.
i guess, you'll not be welcomed if you put american flags everywhere you go.

But as soon as you show some respect, there won't be any problem.=)
And if you try to use at least a few french words, you will be very welcomed ! (Bonjour, merci, au revoir)

I think french people may have some problems with american politic, not with american people.

Yeah, no. I don' t think I will be rubbing my American-ism in everyones face.
Respect is no issue as well. Let us keep our boundaries and try our best to follow each others mores'.
I know little French. What does your culture feel about helping visiting foreginors learn the language?

Status
Not open for further replies.