Building a budget gaming rig from scratch for the first time ! Almost done with it. Need motherboard/overall suggestions.

OPviously

Reputable
Oct 8, 2014
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/knv3sY

Alright, that's my plan so far ! First off, I should say that I'm on a tight budget. Another thing I should say is that live in Europe where the prices are significantly different than what is shown in the graph above...And I haven't even picked a motherboard yet ! Speaking of which, do any suggestions for a suitable motherboard pop inside your head when you look at that build ? I really am clueless about what I should choose.

As for my other choices, I went with R9 270x in the GPU department, because people seem to favor it above everything else in that particular class. Stuff like R9 280x, GTX 750 and HD 7950 might not be that much more expensive than R9 270x over there, but they are here...I've also read that R9 270x is fully capable of SLI pairing, or whatever AMD are calling it. I think it's "Crossfire" ? Whatever the case, I'm thinking of getting another R9 270x in a few months when I can afford it so I can slap two of them together ! I feel like that's a bad plan for some reason...Is it ? It definitely sounded better in my head.

Went with the AMD FX-6300 CPU mostly because I can afford it, and because the internet assures me that it shouldn't "bottleneck" an R9 270x. So far so good ? It also seems to outperform most Intel I3's (the popular choice it seems) in the same price range/class
The Power Supply was chosen primarily with the GPU's power consumption in mind. I hope it's compatible with it.

Is that much Memory good enough for starters ? That's another field I'm particularly not knowledgeable in. Yeah, clicked on some random cheap "2x4GB's" to be completely honest with you...Still doing it wrong....

I guess the motherboard really is my main issue (or at least I hope it is). I don't know where to even start.

I think there's no need to discuss the OS/Storage as of now. I like to believe that I'm not that incompetent and I can handle all that on my own. I mean, I probably AM that incompetent, but I like to believe that I'm not.

Any and all cheap case suggestions will be greatly appreciated too !

Would love to hear some overall criticism on the build. Wouldn't surprise me at all if I have majorly screwed up some of the choices overall/in terms of compatibility already...It's my first time building a PC after all. I'm kinda really nervous about all this. You know, palms sweaty, knees week, etc, etc...Anyway, I can't wait to hear what you guys think !

BustaRhymes

Reputable
Jun 16, 2014
Your build looks pretty good to me. You just need a motherboard and case. I would get a Gigabyte 970 or 990 chipset motherboard.

As for the case it shouldn't matter too much just make sure you got the right case for your motherboard.(ATX, microATX, or ITX)

OPviously

Reputable
Oct 8, 2014

Thanks for the suggestions ! I'll be sure to look into those motherboards. As for the case, I guess I'll choose the cheapest one that fits and go with that.

nimits

Reputable
Nov 30, 2014
depending to your budget you can chose on of these mobs
MB Asus z97 pro
or
Asus h97 pro
or
Asus Z97M Plus (Micro ATX)
or
Asus H97M Plus (Micro ATX)