Trying to find a water cooler for my case.

killerloader

Reputable
May 2, 2014
I recently bought a TX3 off ebay, but they gave me a refund because they were out of stock, which game me some time to think.
I WILL be wanting to overclock my i7-4790k, for emulation purposes, and that fan might not be good enough to do so (Not sure)

So, considering my case is a Mid-Tower, with not much space, i'm not sure which liquid coolers will actually fit at the back where the radiator and fan is meant to fit.
Currently, there is a 120x120mm fan at the back of my pc, horizontally, it just fits, vertically, there is about 15mm clearance above, and 30 or so mm below (Affectively 15, because the radiator is gonna be symmetrical no matter what)

If a liquid cooler isn't a suitable addon for my small case, then what air cooler should i get for it?
From my motherboard, there is 160mm clearance (technically 140mm, due to a 20mm case fan above it, but that can be removed if need be)
The TX3 EVO was recommended to me on another thread, however, it was apparently a low profile cooler.

Or, if nothing suits my case for overclocking purposes, i guess i'll be forced to get a Full Tower ,or a bigger Mid Tower.

Case: Coodmax N81 (Mid-Tower)
CPU: I7-4790K
PSU: 750w
GFX: R9 270x, and soon a gtx 970.

Disregard this post.

EDIT:actually send me a picture of inside your case, I recommend getting a better mid tower.

And if you are moving from radeon to nividia, you are going to have to uninstall all amd drivers first.

killerloader

Reputable
May 2, 2014
Nethermind the picture, i think getting a better case is the best idea, instead of trying to find the best, small parts possible, which will still only function at a fraction of some cheaper larger ones.

Thankyou for your help anyways, i'll buy a new case in the future and then upgrade.
Ill measure my case anyways, just used a wooden ruler in the dark, so these are sorta guesses.
Width: 178mm
Height: 415mm
Length: 450mm

Yeah, i'll make sure to uninstall my current display drivers haha

Would you like me to recommend you a good case?

killerloader

Reputable
May 2, 2014
Aha, If you want, i don't suspect it will be too hard to find good/large Mid-Tower cases by searching around, but it'd be helpful!

killerloader

Reputable
May 2, 2014
My CPU Turbo is already 4.4GHz at stock, will i see much of an improvement if i disable turbo and overclock to 4.4GHz? as it's cool enough to stay on 4.4ghz anyways, or a tiny bit higher.
The Hyper 212 Evo will not fit in my case at the moment.
I'm just going to buy a bigger case in the future, wont bother upgrading now.