Looking for new psu for my system

Mokoshakar

Reputable
Oct 10, 2014
Hello there people, im rather confuse for which psu i would use on my system.

CPU: Intel Core i7-3820 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor @ 4.1GHZ
MotherBoard: ASRock X79 Extreme4 ATX LGA2011 Motherboard
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler
Memory: 2x Corsair Dominator 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: 3x Seagate Barracuda 1TB and 1x Seagate Barracuda 3TB
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 2GB Vapor-X and im planning to get another
Power Supply: ???
Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer
Keyboard: Razer Anansi Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Razer Mamba 2012 Elite Wireless Laser Mouse
Headphones: Logitech G35 7.1 Channel Headset
Fans: 3x 120mm fan1x 200mm

Right now im rolling this system, besides the another vga card which im planning to get this month, with the corsairs 550VW psu but this little piece is almost 6 years old and also running 24/7 since his first day.

So i need an upgrade for this little fella, so which one is a good choice?

I was thinking about 750w AX or maybe TX , but after a quick look into that psu calculator extreme, it says the psu recommended for my system would be an 785 psu with the upgrades im planning to do.

so the suitable choice would be an 850w psu, but theres none im my town.

Since im kind in an hurry to change my psu and give to this champ a little peace, which of this psu you guys/girls would recommend:

1100W AeroCool Strike X
1150W AeroCool Templarius Imperator
1200W Akasa Power Extreme

Or i should stick with the Corsair 750 Ax/ TX?

Mkelliny

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
Honestly I really like my EVGA Supernova G2 850W.( range from 400W to 1300W) Fully modular, sleeved cables, passive/active cooling, made by Super Flower, which is known for making superb PSU's. it is based off of their Leadex Platform, which is an awesome PSU. It also comes with a 10 year warranty, which beats Corsairs 3 year warranty I think.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=377

"Buy one. Do I really need to say anything else at this point? Once again, EVGA has something awesome here the competition can't seem to touch price wise. Performance? There are better units, yes. Not very many, but they exist. The real story here is how EVGA keeps managing to offer this kind of performance and still be more affordable than nearly everything else out there, and they have pretty much found perhaps the only OEM on Earth capable of doing it for them. It's got to be real nice being EVGA right now."

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8051/evga-supernova-850-g2-power-supply-review/5

" With the Supernova 850 G2, it would appear that EVGA attempted to deliver a high performance product balancing all primary selling points of a computer PSU -- aesthetics, performance, quality and value. In our opinion, they managed to do quite well."

Honestly, it is worth every penny. It is a solid PSU at a solid price point, with a long warranty which means they stand by their product. I have not a single regret abut buying mine.

Newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=supernova+g2&N=-1&isNodeId=1