Playstation 4 Power Requirement??

Shahrukh Jatoi

Reputable
Oct 10, 2014
Hey Everyone !!

I wanna ask a question regarding a PS4.

I'm looking to buy one soon. Currently i'm a PC gamer and i enjoy pc games alot, but due to my GPU frying twice, I just got tired of it.

The thing is, where I live, there is a problem of power failure. Voltage goes up and down frequently damaging every electronic item in the house.

My question is that if I buy a PS4, will the power failure affect it?

If it will, please post a solution to it. What i can do to reduce the chances of the PS4 frying.

Thanks

The PS4 is powered via an internal "universal" 110–240 V AC power supply,[40] with a maximum power rating of 250 W.[41] According to tests by Eurogamer, initial consoles drew approximately 80 W when operational in menu mode, rising to around 110–120 W in gameplay, with peaks of 140 W with both gameplay and menus active,[42] tests by the Natural Resources Defense Council showed similar power consumption figures with 137 W gameplay peaks (with PS4 Camera connected); power consumption in (internet connected) standby mode was measured at 8.8 W under the same conditions, with a lower power "off" state drawing 0.5 W.[43]

The PS4 cooling system uses a single centrifugal fan, which draws air in from both sides of the console, split into flows above and below the main PCB, before entering the fan from top and bottom; the fan exhaust then cools the main APU via a heat pipe–connected heatsink, with the exhaust passing over the main power supply before being emitted from the rear of the console.[41][44][45]

Source: Wikipedia

Shahrukh Jatoi

Reputable
Oct 10, 2014
So does it mean that i can play the PS4 in my high voltage environment?

Actually the voltage isn't the only thing that worry's me. I live in a place with a lot of heat. So is "overheating" gonna be a problem for me?