POLL: Do you notice FPS decreases from having Multiple Monitors

Does Having Multiple Monitors Connected Drop Your Performance In Gaming?

• Yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only On Certain Titles (please list in a reply)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jkteddy77

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013
I don't mean Eyefinity, and I don't mean like video playing on them.
Just having a browser window and Spotify playing (WITH Spotify's hardware acceleration all off) I seem to be losing 3-5fps in games like Battlefield 4, and Far Cry 3.

Even weirder is that closing programs and disconnecting monitors doesn't help either. I have to disconnect them, and then restart the computer entirely so all of Windows reboots before I gain back any fps...

Makes me feel cheated of FPS, and I want to know if this is normal? Why do I have to restart windows just to get the FPS back? shouldn't closing programs and disconnecting monitors help?

Answer the Poll and leave a reply on your insight to this!
Thanks!

cdjuda

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
Gam3r01 has the right idea, the image on the second screen still has to be rendered so as a result you're still going to experience a little performance loss. It largely depends on the resolution of the display whether or not you have anything other than the desktop running on the external monitor. It shouldn't hurt your in game FPS too much.

jkteddy77

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013

Hmm, well i do have a full on R9 290, so I didn't expect so much loss, then again, look at the size of the pixels I'm pushing...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ti9nafczw2e329r/2014-06-29%2023.16.52.jpg?dl=0
game on the 23" 1080p, but I'm pushing a 39" 1080p tv above, and a 20" 900p on the side...

Hmm. so you guys also experience this a bit? It's not entirely noticeable, just irritating. I want more FPS, but I love my monitors, haha

TRENDING THREADS