Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Windows 8

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

FelixFarrow

Reputable
Sep 30, 2014
Hey all,
So I'm thinking of buying a gaming PC and I was wondering which OS to run on.
I understand that both Windows 7 and 8 have their advantages so I'm sort of stuck in the middle - any response would be nice :)

for me is how far will I be left in the cold with my programs and games and such.. everything worked well with XP and vista some things not so well with 7 so I got to think what I may loose with 8 or newer and would have to rebuy and drive my costs up to stay working ?? [opinion]

G

It depends on you preference. A lot of people say Windows 8 is awful, to me it really wasn't that bad. At first when I got it I was like "Holy crap, this is different" but after a few weeks I was used to the OS. WIth 8.1 you can completely ignore the metro screen. I also like the look of the Windows 8 better. For Windows 7, the OS will be supported until 2020. Plus, Windows 10 is on the horizon so you can also uprgae to that to. Pretty much all games support Windows 7 still. Windows 8 take advantage of more CPU cores, along with with using less system resoucres, which was a big problem with 7. Windows 8 also has support for DirectX 11.2 and most likely DX12, it is unlikely that 7 will gt the DX12 treatment. It is what ever you want to use.

TRENDING THREADS