Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 posts but doesn't BEEP anymore? Should I be worried?

Galea

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2011
So after 2 weeks of PC problems, 5 Win7 installs later and a BIOS flash (which fixed the conflict between the latest NVidia drivers and onboard VGA) -- my computer seems to run ok, no weird errors in event viewer or anything. The thing is it used to beep once at POST and load everything, then Dr.Debug would display what seemed to be a harmless code which I thought was normal (4F) and it stayed that way always, for the past 3 years. So I'm used to that 1 beep and the bright red light inside my pc case. It's gone now and I thought the speaker was dead but I unplugged my hdd and rebooted it and got it to beep once again. Then it didn't do it anymore. I read somewhere that the mobo doesn't even have a speaker by default, I think I borrowed one from an old case. Now I'm wondering if the motherboard is even SUPPOSED to beep once and display that code. Maybe it wasn't working right for the past 3 years?

If the motherboard has a place to plug a speaker into it will support a speaker, it'd be very odd for a motherboard not to support one, they just aren't normally provided with a case/motherboard very often though.

There might be a BIOS setting that controls the POST beeps, but you should probably contact asrock support about this.

TRENDING THREADS