PLEASE HELP!!! Monitor & Xbox 360 setup - Help Needed!!!

RhodesW

Honorable
Sep 8, 2013
Basically, I've set up my Xbox 360 w/ Turtle Beach X12 headset to my primary PC monitor (I am running dual-monitors). The problem is, I am wanting the Xbox 360 sound to only come through the headset, not the monitors' built in speakers. Is there any way to disable the built in speakers entirely as I never use them? Or do you have any other suggestions that might work?

(I have my Xbox 360 connected to my primary monitor via 1 HDMI cable).

Thank you so much in advance if you help me here... If I don't figure this out I'm screwed xD

Solution

I have gone into "System Settings" --> "Console Settings" --> "Audio" --> "Digital Output" and the options are "Digital Stereo", "Dolby Digital 5.1" and "Dolby Digital with WMA Pro". The only other options under "Audio" re !Sound Effects" and "Ratings Collection Sound"...
And you can't alter the volume using the...

kogut

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2008
Have you tried going into the 360's settings in the Dashboard? You should be able to select which audio output to use.

If you can't find a way, can you just turn the volume off on your monitor? I had a monitor/headset I used in that same way with a PS3 for a while, and I just told it in the system's settings to only output to the optical out. Solved my problems, but I haven't seen a 360's settings in quite some time.

RhodesW

Honorable
Sep 8, 2013

Regardless of what I do to the in-game audio settings, the sound continues to come through the monitor's built in speakers...

RhodesW

Honorable
Sep 8, 2013

I have gone into "System Settings" --> "Console Settings" --> "Audio" --> "Digital Output" and the options are "Digital Stereo", "Dolby Digital 5.1" and "Dolby Digital with WMA Pro". The only other options under "Audio" re !Sound Effects" and "Ratings Collection Sound"...
And you can't alter the volume using the monitor...

Solution

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts