Kind of about work.

kahlo08

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013
So can I monetize my videos even if I put some music out from youtube or something like that? I will obviously put the links to where I found the audios and take no credits for the stuff I won't own and I will even put it on the video as a warning that I don't own some of the stuff. I know I could have just watched the terms of conditions, but... They're too vague. I'd prefer someone to tell me with their own words.

smackers_12

Honorable
You cannot use copyrighted music on your videos. A good source for music you can use is the nocopyrightsounds channel but not all of the music on their is non copyrighted (only if they say [ncs release] and explicitly allow use in the description, you must say where you got it). If you use copyrighted music you will get copyright struck

Trenchcoat

Honorable
May 7, 2013

WTeff? It's law. I also said that there were exceptions. Did you even read my post?...... Nevermind.

smackers_12

Honorable

I read your post. Its on the YouTube guidelines, lots of stuff that is old is not copyright free. Laws are different everywhere around the world.

kahlo08

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013

Ok ok, I can't use the original song because of copyrights. But what if I use covers for exemple? Will I still be introuble?

The author of the cover owns the copyright to the cover.