Wacom Tablets Help

RazerZ

Judicious
Ambassador
So my Calculus class gives extra credit if you work out specific problems from a list and make a video of yourself working out the problems, step by step.

Before I was using paint and using my mouse to write out and solve the problems... it took a while. I decided that I'm going to buy a drawing tablet. I also would like to get into drawing anime/manga for fun with this tablet, but I'm a bit confused between the following two tablets.

Wacom Intuos Pen and Touch Small Tablet (CTH 480)

vs

Wacom Intuos Manga Pen and Touch Small (CTH480S2)

My questions are:

A) Does this tablet come with some type of software where I can record in livetime? Not having to use a screen recorder would make my life a bit easier.

B) What are the main differences between the two tablets? Is it just the software that comes with it?

I see the Manga comes with Manga Studio Debut 4 and Anime Studio Debut 8 compared to the Intuous which has Autodesk Sketchbook Express and Art Rage 3 Studio.

C) Will drawing manga work just as well in either program? I'm a total noob to this as I've never owned or used a drawing tablet before. Thanks.

Solution
A) No, you will need to download that separately. Get Open Broadcaster. Free and is pretty easy to use. Or if you have a nvidia gpu you can use shadowplay.

B) The only difference is the software.

C) It isn't the software, it's the user. Krita is a free open source drawing application, it has a lot of great features and is also very easy to use.

With that said, the manga edition is only a few dollars extra, and comes with some cool software. You might as well get it. I own the manga, and it is a great tablet.

kberes

Reputable
Oct 15, 2014
A) No, you will need to download that separately. Get Open Broadcaster. Free and is pretty easy to use. Or if you have a nvidia gpu you can use shadowplay.

B) The only difference is the software.

C) It isn't the software, it's the user. Krita is a free open source drawing application, it has a lot of great features and is also very easy to use.

With that said, the manga edition is only a few dollars extra, and comes with some cool software. You might as well get it. I own the manga, and it is a great tablet.

Solution