looking for some monitor advise

Solution
Depends on your GFX Card tbh but if your graphics card can handle it definitely if your on a low budget I would reccommend this as its my current monitor I only bought it as I used to game on my 42inch TV but the GF has put a stop to that apparently I can't game on the main TV in the house anymore so I have been demoted to a corner of the room on a computer table... THE BEST THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED TO ME. Anyway back to the point I got myself an Acer from amazon refurbished 27inch monitor for about £140 and would reccommend it to anyone on a budget wanting a decent size monitor I will be upgrading later but its a fantastic monitor provided your GFX card can game at 1080p fine I am rocking a 970 atm so it plays like a dream. This is...

Quinnsten

Honorable
May 15, 2014
All depends on what type of a gamer you are if your a FPS gaming the response time on that monitor is excellent and you can never go wrong with ASUS monitor my own personal opinion ASUS are probs best monitor brand out for gaming. But if its for other type of gaming you might be better looking for an ASUS IPS monitor as they tend to be alot better visually for other types of gaming where as with FPS is all about the response time and refresh rates :) hope that helps.

ptfpinho

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2014
Ill be playing the most demanding games like watch dogs, shadow of mordor, crysis 3, battlefield, archage etc.. Would i get a high rez and beautiful colors with this monitor? I have a 19" 1366x768.. would it be worth updating?

Quinnsten

Honorable
May 15, 2014
Depends on your GFX Card tbh but if your graphics card can handle it definitely if your on a low budget I would reccommend this as its my current monitor I only bought it as I used to game on my 42inch TV but the GF has put a stop to that apparently I can't game on the main TV in the house anymore so I have been demoted to a corner of the room on a computer table... THE BEST THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED TO ME. Anyway back to the point I got myself an Acer from amazon refurbished 27inch monitor for about £140 and would reccommend it to anyone on a budget wanting a decent size monitor I will be upgrading later but its a fantastic monitor provided your GFX card can game at 1080p fine I am rocking a 970 atm so it plays like a dream. This is monitor http://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-G276HLABID-27-inch-Monitor-EcoDisplay/dp/B007Z1AWT6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1413452894&sr=8-2&keywords=acer+27 but if money isnt an issue I recommend a decent 24inch 1080p IPS monitor espcially for them games all of which I player quiet addicted to archeage atm tbh :) I would reccommend (24" 1080p IPS) this ; http://www.amazon.co.uk/Asus-MX239H-LED-backlit-Monitor-80000000/dp/B00A4K9KVG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1413453014&sr=8-1&keywords=Asus+24+IPS.

Once again hope this helps :).

EDIT** Just noticed your Sig has your graphics card in answer to your question is yes by far the 970 should be used at no lower than 1080p anything lower is just wrong lol it will look incredible and a huge difference to your current with that monitor you are looking at but the options above still stand by either way just go with what your gut wants and your wallet will allow :)

Solution