AMD Radeon HD 8570D vs. Sapphire Radeon HD 5450

jbrock01

Reputable
Oct 16, 2014
I recently bought a Lenovo ThinkCentre M78 from amazon. It has AMD Radeon HD 8570D integrated graphics. I use three monitors and do not do gaming or intensive graphics activities. So, I bought and installed the Sapphire Radeon HD 5450 from amazon. I currently have two monitors connected to the 5450 discreet card and one monitor connected to the integrated 8570D graphics. My question is which of the two cards would best handle the two monitors. To connect two monitors to the 8570D graphics I would need to first buy a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter. This is why I did not just try out that option already. Much thanks in advance.

jbrock01

Reputable
Oct 16, 2014

I had seen that comparison but was still unsure because those two cards (while I suppose are similar) are different than the ones I have.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
If you aren't gaming, as long as you have all three hooked up and working it shouldn't matter.

The way you already have it configured would be my choice to avoid extra load on the integrated GPU, thus heating your APU further.

jbrock01

Reputable
Oct 16, 2014

That was kind of my initial thought. Makes good sense. I'm glad you confirmed this. Thank you.