Blue screen of death HELP

Rammstein2255

Reputable
May 24, 2014
Please help i get blue screen of death. i am not gaming or something just bsod and system restart by self. this is first time that i see this i am confused -.- its not OC or soemthing temps are normal

Breznaslova_zps9c838ed3.png.html

Taffu

Reputable
Oct 11, 2014
Edit: Something important I keep neglecting to say, use Safe Mode

Also, when exactly does it BSOD? On system boot up, or after you've used the PC for a while?

1. BSOD usually shows you the problem, did you manage to see any code or message, if you did which one. If you didn't manage to do that, or the BSOD didn't repeat, try #2.

2. Check the Event Viewer, it might have recorded the error.
-Control Panel
-Administrative Tools
-Event Viewer

Once you open it, check for any errors that may have happened around the same time you got the BSOD, errors are red.
Post the details here.

3. Try updating your windows.
4. If update doesn't help, try booting your PC with minimal hardware.
5. A system restore to an earlier point in time may resolve this, but if it's hardware issue, the BSOD will repeat, which is why it's best to determine what caused the BSOD first.

To keep the computer from automatically rebooting after a crash (this will help with finding the exact cause) do the following:
Click on Start
Click on Control Panel
Click on System
Click on System Protection (it should be on the left hand side)
A System Properties Window will open
Click on the Advanced tab
Under Startup and Recovery click on the Settings button
Under the System Failure section remove the check beside "Automatically restart"
You should make sure there is a check beside "Write an event to the system log"
Click on Ok to exit that window
Click on Ok to exit the next window
Close Control Panel

The next time the computer encounters a system failure the computer should not automatically restart.

You can look for dump under C:\Windows\minidump (this will help determine what is causing the BSOD).
You can use a tool like BlueScreenView to view the contents of the dump file.