• Dell XPS 15

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Samsung Ativ Book 9 Plus

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Snevok

Reputable
Oct 15, 2014
I feel like I have finally found the jackpot of large ultrabooks. The Samsung Ativ Book 9 (2014 Edition) and the Dell XPS 15. I really cannot decide between them though, and I need some help. I will list the pro's and con's of each in my opinion. Each of these are the top tier models, price about $2000.

Ativ Book 9:
Pros: Cheaper than the Dell XPS 15. Superior trackpad. I trust Samsung, links with my phone better since I have a Samsung. All aluminum construction.
Cons: Doesn't look as good as the XPS 15. Not as big of a hard drive and not as much RAM. No dedicated GPU. Lower res screen.

XPS 15:
Pros: Better reviews. Looks sweet with carbon fiber and aluminum. Spacious SSD and 16gb RAM. Great keyboard. Giant battery. Near 4k screen. Dedicated GPU.
Cons: Bad trackpad. Near 4k screen makes scaling weird and battery drain faster.

I am completely torn between these 2. Right now, I am leaning towards the Dell, but I still cannot decide. Would it be better to go with the Ativ Book 9 Plus and get a smaller and QHD+ screen, while also saving some money? I wouldn't do the XPS 13 because I heard that has some problems. Are there any other laptops I should take into consideration? I need an answer as soon as possible, I am getting this laptop tomorrow.

I will need to know what you use the laptop for. Samsung are good with their laptops as I used to have a netbook that was made by them and it lasted for 2 years, but I would go with the dell as they are known for their good build quality and better maintainability. Plus they make their laptops for businesses which last a long time.

Snevok

Reputable
Oct 15, 2014

Thabks for your detailed reply. I would be using the computer for school, so notes and photoshop. At home, I will be using it for medium-heavy gaming on medium settings and video editing. I really think the dell would be better for this because it's got a dedicated GPU.