"Questions" About A New Build

Cooly568

Reputable
Oct 17, 2014
So this is really my first time being on here as a member, but I've scrolled around and ran into this site on multiple occasions, now is where I ask for some answers/advice.

I'm currently in the planning stage of a new PC build I've nicknamed "Hydrosis."
It's due to replace my old build named "Nebula" which is going to be handed off to my brother so he may have a reasonably powerful computer.
I've spent the past three days looking constantly for parts, and my current list (which isn't set in terms of anything yet.) has raised some questions for me.

The tower I plan on using for the computer is a "NZXT Phantom 630 Windowed Edition", and I wish to ask a few questions about it.
From looking at it's manual, it looks like fans are installable in the top, bottom, front, and side. Also "pivot, which I'm not too sure on what that does.
My first question is, exactly how good are the stock 200mm fans that come in the top/front, and the 140mm fan in the back? Should I consider replacing them for aftermarket fans? (You'll understand why I'm concerned about cooling later.) And if I do replace them, the top section has room for two 200mm fans, should I get two or stay with just one? And should I get a fan on the bottom? Also how obstructive of the side window would a side 200mm side fan be? (the manual states you can install a side fan on the window)

Second question, the processor I plan to use is a Intel i7 4790k, I've heard of this as running at 4.0 GHz, base, with a turbo of 4.4 GHz. I wish to run it at 4.5 GHz, a little bit above that turbo.
Now the question, I will be using a air cooler, now is this possible to run 4.5 GHz okay on air?
The cooler I will be using (if things don't change) is a Cooler Master 212 EVO, with two JetFlo fans made by Cooler Master on it. Will that be sustainable for this CPU?

Third question, I wish to have two 1TB drives in this computer, both running on RAID 1. I have never delved into the fields of RAID before, and I'm unsure what I should do in it. I do know I do not wish to use software or built in motherboard RAID, but a dedicated card of some kind, that does not exceed $40 or so. This is the most recent card I have found as of far. I am unsure if it just adds two SATA ports, or if it is RAID that works. If this card is not that, is there any card that fits my specs that would fit into this build?

This is all I have to ask for now, but I may ask more over time.
Thanks for the help in advance.