Can my secondary HDD effect game performance, any/every game?

Is my secondary HDD (E drive) capable of handling games without much difference to loading compared

• Total voters

DerpleNerple2000

Reputable
Aug 1, 2014
I had a 1TB HDD laying around so I decided to hook it up and format it. I want to move my games to that drive but, I'm not sure if I would get studdering, whether is be a simple game like CSGO or a big open world like skyrim. I did some regular sequential test w/ CrystalDiskMark and the results are below:

C Drive (Where the OS is located ofc):
Read: 129.7 MB/s
Write: 124.2 MB/s
E Drive (The secondary HDD in consideration of game storage):
Read: 107.4 MB/s
Write: 45.91 MB/s

Note: I understand the internet is riddled with 'Will my HDD effect my gaming performance?' but, they rarely show speeds of HDDs and I wanted to know how it would play out for my specific HDD.

popatim

Titan

Hahahaha. They are BUSTED!!!
Thx for the laugh!

@ Nerple
I would do a full format on that drive (ie - not a quick format) and retest. I'm worried about the write performance.
Please be aware this will take a few hours to do a full format.

DerpleNerple2000

Reputable
Aug 1, 2014

Oh s*** m8, im going to jail. He gave it too me but, that is what came to mind at first so I typed it.
I will do a full reformat and retest it.

Edit: The wait now starts...

DerpleNerple2000

Reputable
Aug 1, 2014
I ran the format and retested. The results are almost exactly the same, with only a 1MB/s difference. So now that is out of the way, do you think it would be able to run any game without issue?