tips for becoming a software developer in the U.K

The Archopath

Reputable
Oct 19, 2014
I'm 16 and never had any formal education in computers but would be interested in becoming a software developer any ideas on what a levels would be most useful and what i should steer clear from and any other tips would be much appreciated, thanks.

Solution
Hi
Both my daughters did computer science at Uni and are both in the industry one as a developer.
For A levels they did computer science (Not IT) and maths,though physics would be a good choice to replace one of them if you like it.

If you are thinking of games development and are in England then have a look at Hull universities computer science with games development as a degree after your A levels,as they are the industry standard .
If in Scotland I believe Aberdeen does a similar course.

makkem

Distinguished
Hi
Both my daughters did computer science at Uni and are both in the industry one as a developer.
For A levels they did computer science (Not IT) and maths,though physics would be a good choice to replace one of them if you like it.

If you are thinking of games development and are in England then have a look at Hull universities computer science with games development as a degree after your A levels,as they are the industry standard .
If in Scotland I believe Aberdeen does a similar course.

Solution