Zotac Nvidia GT640 1GB DDR5 Graphics Card Bottleneck Issue

aadharsh

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014
My Desktop Configurations are
* GigaByte G41M Combo (Rev 2.0) motherboard (PCIe 2.0 slot)
* Core 2 Duo E7200 2.53 GHz
* 4 GB DDR3
* Corsair CX430 PSU

Will Zotac Nvidia GT 640 1 GB DDR5 bottleneck my CPU? Is it worth investing in this card with this configuration?

Also, is CX430 430 Watts enough to power this graphic card?

P.S : It fits my budget very well and currently it's very cheap ₹4900 ($80), so that's why I was thinking of buying it for some low-medium level gaming.

aadharsh

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014

But I am afraid if it will detect the graphic card on my mobo. I recently read a post here that GigaByte mobos only support GigaByte GPUs or some such problems. I don't want to spend ₹5000 on this GPU and waste my time in making it run with my Mobo.

Will these be any problems with this motherboard? Will it detect the said graphic card?

Please provide reference to what you have referred. There is no such thing. Any graphics card can be run on any PCIe slot ( be it 1.0, 2.0 or 3.0) on any mobo having these PCIe slots.

Don't just believe what you hear without confirming it first. Gigabyte mobo supporting only Gigabyte GPUs would not do much greater to the company from the marketing/sales perspective.

Pl read here and see if any compatibility warning is mentioned by the manufacturer:

http://ee.gigabyte.com/products/page/mb/ga-g41m-comborev_20/specs/