Building gaming PC out of old one

upgrdr

Reputable
Oct 20, 2014
I have recently gotten into a bit of PC gaming, currently my main computer is a laptop with a pretty crappy GPU, I have no intention of upgrading any time soon. I have an old desktop which was my former computer, it's a few years old at this stage and doesn't really get much use. I was wondering if it would be possible to upgrade it and use it as a gaming PC. New GPU, CPU, upgrade RAM and a windows 7 license? Do it as cheaply as possible. Would this work or would I have to do more to get it up to par?

It would work, definitely. Just blow the dust off of it, stick a new processor, video card and RAM in there and that baby'll be good to go. Or not. With the abundance of details you provided, any answer is as good as another.

upgrdr

Reputable
Oct 20, 2014
Sorry about the lack of details I haven't turned the machine on in like six months and can't remember any of the specs.

plywrlw

Admirable
Please let us know the specs and we can give you some advice. It's really important to know the make and model of your power supply as well as motherboard, processor and graphics card. If your RAM is DDR3 it can be re-used.