Asus PB278Q vs. Asus PB287Q vs. Overlord Computer Tempest X270OC

Arcturus314

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013
HI all,
I'm looking to buy a new monitor. I have narrowed my choices down to these three. I'll be using the monitor for gaming as well as general use / work.

My PC is running two R9 280X's in CFX as well as an i7 4770K. I know I won't be able to max out everything on 1440p or 4k, but the extra pixels are worth it for me. So which of these monitors would work best for me?

Thanks,
Arcturus314

STrain

Honorable
Jul 22, 2013
I cant actually give you hands on information about the other two but I own the Asus PB278Q. I love this monitor. Because of the extra pixels I dont think I could ever switch back to 1080p. I can't max everything on it either because I have a 4gb 770 but everything still runs beautifully. Currently I am actually looking to upgrade from this monitor and my graphics card though. I have found nothing wrong with this monitor but I have been saving up to upgrade and so I'm going to. I'm leary about 4k because I know how hard it is to get it to high settings. I'm stuck between a different 1440p monitor, a 1440p monitor that is ultra wide and a 4k. I'm sure though if you were to get the Asus PB278Q you would be in no way disappointed. The only thing you should note is that the displayport cable that comes with it is faulty and you should buy a new one. I still havent bought a new one and have had the monitor for a year. From what I understand though it is damaging my graphics card I just didnt find out about the fault until this past weekend. It has something to do with it not being the right type of displayport cable and it causes it to sometimes not wake up from sleep and I actually have to reboot the computer. Sorry but the one last thing I want to mention is that sometimes it will also not display if you do not turn on the monitor before the computer. That is not a cable related issue it is just how the monitor works. I hope you find what your looking for and if you have any more questions feel free to ask!

Edit:
Sorry for the wall of text!

STrain

Honorable
Jul 22, 2013

That monitor does look pretty awesome haha. I didnt realize it was an IPS. Only having a PLS for personal experience I can imagine the IPS is even better. I also thing the ROG Swift looks pretty nice (http://www.asus.com/us/Monitors/ROG_SWIFT_PG278Q/) though it is only a TN panel.

STrain

Honorable
Jul 22, 2013

I'm not sure if I'm sold on gsync yet either. I really wish I could go somewhere and try all of these different technologies. This LG ultra wide is really catching my eye right now.
http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-34UC97-S-ultrawide-monitor

Edit:
Though I'll be waiting a while for price drops and a sale if it is what I choose to get