Why doesn't nvidia DSR doesn't work on my HDTV ?

S6S6S6

Reputable
Oct 21, 2014
Hello there

Just wondering why DSR doesn't seem to work on my Samsung 40' HDTV via my MSI GTX 970. It works perfectly with my dell monitor (up to 4.0x resolution) but when i try it on my HDTV it only seem to work if i use 1.2 x the resolution , anything else above and either i have a black screen (game tried if The Evil Within) or the resolution just doesn't fit the screen.

I've read reports of people who have it working on their HDTV so i'm not sure what's the issue. Refresh rate ? Drivers ? Isn't the point of DSR using a resolution that your display actually can't support ? I am a bit puzzled here

Thanks in advance for any help

S6S6S6

Reputable
Oct 21, 2014
Btw my my connection are DVI with the Dell monitor as primary display and HDMI with my HDTV as second display. Just wanted to specify that in case it has anything to do with it

S6S6S6

Reputable
Oct 21, 2014
I will but i am at work right now so it will have to be tonight. However i doubt the issues is with the game since DSR work great with my Dell monitor which is 1920 x 1080 and 16:9 just like my HDTV.

cowboydude99

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
I use it with my HDTV over HDMI through an AVR.

So the driver shouldn't be the problem. DSR just renders the game in the resolution you set (4k) and then down samples it back to 1080... so the TV **shouldn't** even know anything about the resolution rendering. It should still receive a 1080p signal from your desktop/gpu.

I say **shouldn't** because maybe something is going on with the TV.