msi r9 270x artifacting

thisguylags

Reputable
Jul 22, 2014
i have a msi 270x oc edition with
i5 4570
kingston 8gb
thermaltake 730w smart se

the problem is that whenever i play games sometimes the games run fine all the time but sometimes when i start playing the artifacts come and the gpu temperature is like 50 , never goes up the 55 . i had corsair 550 wat psu before . i thought the problem is with psu so i changed and the lag issues were gone when i changed psu (it didnt run ghosts on ultra on 550 watt psu ) when i got the new psu all the games ran perfectly but after 1 day the artifacts came again and this time they were different .... for example this

287f77o.jpg

i want a solution :(

dovah-chan

Honorable
You should contact MSI and get an RMA for your GPU. It has corrupt VRAM which is indicated by the checkerboard pattern artifacts on your screen. (a classic symptom of corrupt VRAM).

dovah-chan

Honorable
I'm going to guess it was a Corsair CX550. The CX series have been known to be a bit on the edge in terms of quality when compared to other Corsair units so it wouldn't be that surprising.

I also doubt the warranty is already up as MSI most likely has a 2 year warranty and the 270X hasn't been out for over 2 years (it's only just now hitting it's one year birthday soon actually)