help picking out a monitor

gonemad61

Reputable
Aug 8, 2014
I'm kinda confused on what would be best for me to when it comes to picking a new monitor when I build a new system next year. My build plans are a i5 4690k 8gigs of ram and a gtx 970. My problem is I'm torn between a benq xl2420z or a ultra wide monitor but my problem with a ultra wide is games not wanting to work with it and stuff and when ever I see a tn panel monitor like the benq I'm looking at see people saying just going with a ips monitor for better colors and what not but what should I go with I'm kinda a big fan of having as many frames per second as possible so should I go with the benq or something else.

Solution
I prefer a monitor to have a low 1ms and at least 120Hz refresh rate to really capitalize on the benefit of more than 60fps from many of todays powerful graphics cards.. Other than that, LED has plenty solid color reproduction for most people's needs. I wouldn't aim for anything less than 1080p, or else one is truly missing out on details and eye candy from the higher resolution.

TStahler

Distinguished
I prefer a monitor to have a low 1ms and at least 120Hz refresh rate to really capitalize on the benefit of more than 60fps from many of todays powerful graphics cards.. Other than that, LED has plenty solid color reproduction for most people's needs. I wouldn't aim for anything less than 1080p, or else one is truly missing out on details and eye candy from the higher resolution.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS