R7 260X Performance ??

shayshayslayer

Reputable
Oct 3, 2014
So I have three monitors that I want to use for my computer (which uses the MSI R7 260X Graphics card). What i want to know is if I'm using three monitors with this graphics card will my framerate in games like Battlefield 4, Minecraft Drop dramatically in frames?? Just something I would like to know

Solution
I think you are fine then. It might still dip the FPS a bit if the other monitors are still running something else while you are gaming. The best way to know is to test it out.

mf Red

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014
It will def drop frame rates. I used to run a 6850 with 3 monitors and to get the full performance I had to disable the extra monitors. Most of the time I was more lazy than that and just dropped the in game settings until I found an acceptable frame rate.

shayshayslayer

Reputable
Oct 3, 2014
EVERBODY KEEP IN MIND that I'm not using all three monitors for the extra pereferal vision I'm only using one monitor to play on. I use the other 2 for Skype and Tiwtch or youtube. Im not using eyefinity

shayshayslayer

Reputable
Oct 3, 2014
When im playing minecraft my server might be running on my other screen but when I'm playing anything else all I might have open on the other screens while playing will be Skype and steam

The 2GB's are definitely going to help. I think a good number is 1GB per monitor, but that might also be if you are using them for gaming. I'm sorry, I am just not knowledgeable enough with multi-monitor setups. I would GUESS you are gonna be fine.