Adjust website width?

terpdx

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2013
Is there any way to adjust the display width of the website's content? It's annoyingly inconsistent depending on which section of the site you are viewing. For example, the main forum page takes up ~80% of the screen with gray bars filling in the remainder of the left & right margins - however, articles take up only ~50-60% of the screen, which is both inefficient and, more importantly, renders many of the tables unreadable as the right side of the table is either cut off by the margin or covered by the scrolling article link-box. Zooming the browser does no good, as that only zooms the displayed content as opposing to actually widening that content area. Any solutions?

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
I've never really had problems with that. Everything that I'm trying to look at is usually centered on my screen. Barely even take notice of the blank space, but that only shows up more because of how wide my own screen is. This might come down to an issue of screen resolution and size.

That being said feel free to put up a few photos and mark out your points with some arrows or something. If it is a problem on our end, we'll see about getting that adjusted :)

bfollett

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2005
I have a 1920X1080 monitor and sometimes the area outside the main window is just blank gray on either side and other times there is some advertisement there. Today there was an OCZ ad and the ad quite annoyingly did a jerky scroll back into position while I was scrolling the main window. It really was painful on the eyes to watch. Glad I'm not prone to seizures. Add that to all the pop up ads when you accidently roll your mouse over highlighted word and Toms Hardware is a rather annoying place to navigate through.

Bob