triple monitor setup or better one(but alot better screen)

MartinsD

Honorable
Sep 19, 2014
So here i am, still dont know what to get. Found cheap benq with very thin frame BENQ EW2440L, could get three of those in my budget, Or....better go with only one but BENQ XL2720Z

what are your toughts? Ill be able to see pretty much difference anyway as for last few years been playing on w1070 projector. But i need monitor pretty fast and have only like 400euro to spend at the moment.

Most of the time ill be playing only Planetside2, leaving PJ for 100% movie/web browsing.

Solution
Provided you have the horsepower to drive it, I'd go with tri monitor anyday. And you won't notice ANY difference in 1ms and 2ms, and no GFX setup can drive tri monitor at 144Hz so 60Hz is plenty. And you can get cheaper 144Hz monitors, IMO the second monitor is just overpriced.
Provided you have the horsepower to drive it, I'd go with tri monitor anyday. And you won't notice ANY difference in 1ms and 2ms, and no GFX setup can drive tri monitor at 144Hz so 60Hz is plenty. And you can get cheaper 144Hz monitors, IMO the second monitor is just overpriced.

Solution

MartinsD

Honorable
Sep 19, 2014

I have single msi gtx 770 2gb with i5-4690k @ 4.8ghz, so thats why im wondering as my future investment will be 2x gtx 970(Atleast thats what im dreaming about) :)

A tri monitor will really be a good task for 970 SLI, so I'd prefer immersive tri display here, as you do have the setup to run it on decent settings :)