Should I go with certifications within the IT field?

plrbear1028

Reputable
Jun 27, 2014
I thought about getting a degree in Business Administration with management option, plus A+, Security +, and other certifications. Is that a good way to go or should I just go with IT certifications ?

Solution
They are always good to have. Some companies require them. They may also want you to update them periodically.
It was a good experience for me. I recommend it. The key is you need to keep learning. And it sounds good. I am A+
amd Network + Certified. It certainly will not hurt. You will be the better for it. Best wishes.

jaimelmiel

Honorable
May 7, 2012
They are always good to have. Some companies require them. They may also want you to update them periodically.
It was a good experience for me. I recommend it. The key is you need to keep learning. And it sounds good. I am A+
amd Network + Certified. It certainly will not hurt. You will be the better for it. Best wishes.

Solution

cowboydude99

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
I would go for the certs, but they become a hassle a few years down the road if you want to maintain them.

I have 3 decent certs, but really don't have time to keep up with everything.

I ended up letting my MCSE cert expire.

Snowolf

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
The degrees are good for the higher paying IT jobs. Certs help a lot. I would go with that you are planning as it will help you out alot. Non Certified techs tend to find it harder to get IT jobs and higher level positions want you have the degrees as well as the certs. System Admins for instance with the degrees and certs are hired faster and more frequently than those with only the certs.