Help! Monitor not receiving signal from GPU!

Craftykins

Reputable
Oct 23, 2014
I have recently bought all the parts for a new build. I built the PC, turned it on and found that my monitor didn't receive a signal.

I removed the GPU in order to use the integrated graphics on my motherboard, and everything worked fine, the BIOS showed up and I was able to install Windows 7.

Putting the GPU in again afterwards still gives me the same problem: My monitor doesn't receive a signal.

Note: The GPU is powered (the fans are working) and there is definitely enough power coming from the PSU. The monitor is connected via VGA.

Can anyone help me out here?

Here are the specs:

GPU: AMD Radeon R9280
Mobo: ASUS M5A78L-M USB3

Thanks.

Solution
make sure it is connected via the VGA port of the GPU instead of the mobo, and make sure you monitor is switch to the right input. If it still does not work then try connecting via different cable like HDMI and DVI else even try connecting to a tv or other monitor.

Craftykins

Reputable
Oct 23, 2014

I've just tried doing this, but every time I try going into the BIOS, it goes to the 'Windows failed to start' and gives me the option to either go into repair mode or start Windows normally...

askara

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2009
make sure it is connected via the VGA port of the GPU instead of the mobo, and make sure you monitor is switch to the right input. If it still does not work then try connecting via different cable like HDMI and DVI else even try connecting to a tv or other monitor.

Solution

Craftykins

Reputable
Oct 23, 2014

Did this. Just needed to connect via DVI cable to a newer monitor, thanks!