Having a hard time deciding which is better.. maybe you can? (for gaming)

ckholt83

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
Ha. Was surprised to see KSL links when I opened this thread, I live in Utah Valley also.

Those are both good deals, I can see why you're having trouble deciding. Also troubling because I'm going to be posting some machines to sell on KSL soon, and that's some tough competition. :p

I'd be inclined to say you should go with the $500 machine, as it comes with a better GPU and you can buy an SSD, another 4GB of RAM, and a better HSF and still have cash leftover with the difference between the two. You should try and contact the seller and ask what size the hard drives are though, as well as the brand/model of the power supply, and whether a genuine Windows license comes with the machine.

Regardless of what PSU is in the first machine, the AX850 in the second one is top notch, and if you ever want to SLI in the future that will be a factor. I like both cases, but I'd say the Raven is (subjectively) a little nicer as well.

If the first machine doesn't come with a genuine windows license, or if you want to SLI in the future, then I'd go with the second.

Hope that helps. :)