Crossfire Sapphire 290x's, single 1080P monitor, dual DVI? HELP!

leaf16nut

Honorable
Oct 16, 2014
First off, sorry if this is a stupid question, can't find the answer anywhere, so I appreciate the help.

I recently built a new computer using twin Sapphire 290x's, first time I've ever had more than one graphics card. Benchmarked GTA IV and is said use a dual DVI cord, only benched marked average 65fps, so now I'm confused as hell.

Do I need a DVI cord with two males on one end (plug one in each graphics card? Plug both in one graphics card?) and one male on the other end (plugs into my monitor?) or how does this work? :oops:

Thanks in advance!

Solution
AMD has removed the need for an external bridge connector for 290 - 290x. Removing this removes latency and bandwidth constraints

connect your monitor cable to the upper gpu (closest to cpu) and you are good to go! a popup appears that CFX mode has been enabled, if you have catalyst control center installed!

for optimal performance you will need a mobo with pcie slots of (x16/x8) or (x8/x8) config and a capable psu!

Radeon R9-290 Crossfire review - Article
AMD has removed the need for an external bridge connector for 290 - 290x. Removing this removes latency and bandwidth constraints

connect your monitor cable to the upper gpu (closest to cpu) and you are good to go! a popup appears that CFX mode has been enabled, if you have catalyst control center installed!

for optimal performance you will need a mobo with pcie slots of (x16/x8) or (x8/x8) config and a capable psu!

Radeon R9-290 Crossfire review - Article

Solution

TRENDING THREADS