Suggestion for 1440p 24/27inch IPS Displays.

Tissues

Reputable
Oct 24, 2014
So after a year abroad, I'm finally going to be heading back to Australia. I'm planning on building a new rig for gaming and well everything else..

My rough plan is 4790k, GTX 970, 16GB memory. (probably a little overkill for what I do with it)

My only problem is monitor. I was originally going to go for the AoC 24inch 144hz G-Sync.

http://www.aocmonitorap.com/root/anz/product_display.php?id=570 <- here it is

BUT then I realise that most the game I play are just MMORPG and MOBA. (Tera/GW2..etc)

And occasionally play things like BF4, Assassin Creed.. pretty much the AAA games.

How much will I actually benefit from 24inch TN G-Sync displays.. and would I even need 144hz?

So I figure maybe a 60hz IPS would be better.. but I don't really know any good one so thats why I'm here looking for a recommendation.

I don't have any experiences with 1440p or 21:9 monitors or even 27inch so if you have an opinion, let lose. Also multi monitor suggestions are good too if it won't cost me an arm and a leg.

Preferable features:
1440p
60hz
24inch/27inch/29inch 21:9
IPS

Suggestion please.

Tissues

Reputable
Oct 24, 2014

Is that a korean monitor brand? I'll have a look.

Btw I heard that korean monitors from eBay are good too. Do you have any experiences with them? They seem pretty cheap. Brands like.. Crossover and other ones I don't remember

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador

Yeah its Korean, the panel is a PLS made by Samsung (their version of IPS). (The DVI only ones are best, the ones with multi inputs use a different panel)

Yes I bought one personally (i paid a little extra for a pixel perfect mode, no dead pixels gaurenteed). Its brilliant, I cant believe how cheap it was. The only thing that shows its price is the stand, but it has vesa mount if that bothers you.