128GB SANDISK SSD
CORSAIR FANS (DUAL 120MM)
600W POWER SUPPLY
GENIUS BIG 2.0 SPEAKERS
CREATIVE SB BLASTER Z SOUND CARD

mr91

Distinguished
Not bad!

I suggest you build an intel build and get a gtx 970 instead of the 280x...

If you really want an AMD build got 8370 with an R9 290

I suggest you go with an Asus Motherboard and Graphics card

Good luck!

mrpcguy123

Reputable
Oct 23, 2014
HEY mr 91 sorry caps lol. The budget is £1000 so maybe a 290 would be stretching it a little but thanks for the suggestions! I like AMD because it's very easy to stay within the budget when getting AMD parts. I'll check out more mobos! All parts from: scan.co.uk

IamTimTech

Admirable
Oct 13, 2014
I like your build; perhaps you can go with a Samsung EVO SSD instead of a sandisk, and a western digital HDD instead of Seagate. I also see no need for 12GB of RAM over 8GB unless you do a lot of media editing.

Yeah, you only need 8 GB of RAM.

Also, the 970 Gaming comes with a Realtek Audio ALC1150 chipset, which, if i remember right, is the best integrated sound you can get. No need for a sound card.

Sandisk is good for an SSD, as long as it is one of their newer/higher end models, like the Ultra II.

So, if you want to take the saving from those components, and put it towards a better motherboard, like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128514

Then you'll be good to go for any overclocking you may want to do - assuming that your PSU is of decent quality.

mr91

Distinguished

Why don't you skip the sound card and get the 290?

Most new motherboards have good audio...

Scan is overpriced mate seriously - aria & amazon offer the best prices IMO.

My advice on a bang for buck amd build

Drop the 8350 (its a pointless buy imo) get a 8320 & a big ass 212 evo cooler.this will be the same price combined as the 8350 on its own.
Dump the MSI motherboard & go for the gigabyte 970a-ud3p (£70ish just about anywhere at the minute)
Its the best 970 series board around bar none.
You can then proceed to over clock the 8320 to around 4.5ghz with max temps of around 55c & get performance well in excess of the 8350.
The 280x is a decent card for the money as you can pick them up for the £160-£170 mark now but if I had the budget I would go for a gtx 970 if building a complete rig now.
Up the ssd to 240gb - there are plenty around the £70 mark at the moment.
Honestly can't see how you can hit a grand on an amd build.
You won't need a sound card with the GB board IMO - it has superb quality onboard audio .
Also 12gb ram is pointless - you'll lose dual channel support -8gb is plenty ,if you really must have more then go for 16gb in a 2x8gb format.
Dump the 1tb sshd & get a straight 1 or 2 GB platter drive - using a ssd as a system drive means you'll get absolutely zilch performance increase using a hybrid drive for storage or game installs - a waste of money.
I'm running pretty much all the above & hit a budget of around £800 & £100 of that was for my case alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.