Triple Monitors only 2 work at a time.

Tejzer

Reputable
Oct 24, 2014
So, i recently put a radeon hd 6950 in my pc which has 2 vga ports and a hdmi port. So i hooked my 2 monitors into the VGA ports and as they were on my previous card, no problem, but when i plugged my tv into the hdmi port, problem. My main display which is a 24" acer monitor, stopped displaying completely and my 19" emachine monitor and Tv worked fine. So i figured only 2 would work at a time, fair enough, but when unplugged my 19" the 24" did not turn back on. For some reason the 24" and my Tv will not work together. All i want is the TV to duplicate my main display and the other 2 monitors to work as they normally do, but when I adjust the resolution settings to just what I want it just says "unable to save display settings" and continues to piss me off. Any suggestions? Id be happy to take the 19" completely out but the other 2 just wont work together.

Solution
Shut down the PC, plug in the 24" monitor and the TV, turn it on. Should detect it.

You may want to try with the video card maker to see if they have any restrictions on multiple monitors. Maybe try a driver update if there is one.