Asus X53U Laptop - Video Hardware Failing

Kris Sinclair

Reputable
Oct 24, 2014
Hey folks,

I have an Asus X53U laptop and I suspect that my video hardware is on it's way to failure. I have experienced constant BSODs which WhoCrashed has always indicated is a video driver issue, occasionally after closing the lid the screen will power on when it is opened again but will only display a black screen, also occasionally the computer will crash or the graphics will stop responding and be recovered with varying degrees of success.

These issues have continued through multiple clean driver installs and 2 clean Windows installs leading me to believe that this is indeed not a software issue.

My questions is this: what do I do now?

• I have just bought myself a full new desktop machine that I built myself (my first full build) and I can't really afford to buy a brand new laptop too.
    I understand that the graphics are integrated into the laptop so a quick replacement isn't really an option I don't think?
    As a computer enthusiast I am not keen to take it to get repaired in a shop because I am aware of the inflated price and complicated nature of this kind of fix.

So guys any suggestions you may have I am open too.

Thanks for your time. :)