R9 280x crossfire - Corsair TX750 psu?

tribullet

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
Hello, I've searched through a bunch of threads, but wanted to get some more tailored advice since it seems to be borderline.

I currently have an Asus DCII T R9 280x in my build with a Corsair 750TX. I bought a 1440p monitor and would like to be able to game at the max resolution with ultra/high settings, but performance takes a huge hit when jumping from 1080p. I was thinking about picking up the same video card around the holiday sales and setting up a crossfire in anticipation of upcoming games. I am hoping my current psu can handle the load, but I am not too adept when it comes to volts/amps/power or differences between PSU brands/models and am looking for some feedback as to whether this would be possible.

Rest of my build:
Intel 4670k
16gb kingston blu ram
Asus z87-A mobo
212 Hyper evo cooler
240gb SSD
3TB HDD
that popular Asus dvd-rom
corsair carbide 500r case which i believe has 3 fans

I have returned everything to stock and do not plan on overclocking either the cpu or the gpus. Let me know if any other information would be pertinent, thanks!

Yes you can crossfire the r9 280x with the tx 750 watt PSU its a good quality PSU.

The 2x r9 280x CF TDP = 500 watt the processor TDp = 84 watt and other parts max 50 - 100 watt so you are good with the 750 watt.