Looking to replace my Dell 2209WA with something like BenQ XL2420Z. Input appreciated.

OEW

Reputable
Oct 1, 2014
Hi People!

In time of writing I'm using my lovely 2209WA ips-panel screen which I really do like because of it's good colors. I have realized as of lately that I could use something with less responsetime and higher refresh rate.
I've mainly been looking at BenQ XL2420Z 24" because of the nice speccs and appealing asthetics. Will this be up to par with my IPS quality-wise? Any other screen you could recommend in that price range?

1. What Is Your Country Of Origin?

Sweden

2. What do you plan to do with this monitor? (ex. Games, Movie Watching, Photo Editing, etc.)

Gaming, watching movies.

3. What resolution and screen size do you want?

1920 atleast.

4. What refresh rate do you want? (ex. 60 hz , 70 hz.)

144hz?

5. How much are you looking to spend?

£250

6. Brands Preferred (ex. Samsung, Acer, Asus, AOC, HP, Viewsonic, etc. )

Benq?

9. How Many Displays Can Your GPU Support Maximum? And what GPU and driver version are you using if applicable?

GTX 980, I think 4 in total.

10. What Port Do You Want To Connect To (ex. DVI-D, HDMI, etc).

HDMI

11. Is This Monitor A Primary Display Or A Secondary Display?

Primary. "2209WA as secondary".

Thanks!

Solution
The BENQ you listed will give you a better resolution. Max is 1080p. The existing one you have is 1650x1050.
The BENQ will give you much faster GTG @ 1ms vs Dell's 6ms. Which will cut down on ghosting.
The BENQ is 2 inches larger.
The BENQ has 144hz rate vs Dell's 60hz.
The Dell is an IPS panel which will probably have slightly better overall image quality.

I would go for the BENQ you listed specifically for the resolution and refresh rate.

cowboydude99

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
The BENQ you listed will give you a better resolution. Max is 1080p. The existing one you have is 1650x1050.
The BENQ will give you much faster GTG @ 1ms vs Dell's 6ms. Which will cut down on ghosting.
The BENQ is 2 inches larger.
The BENQ has 144hz rate vs Dell's 60hz.
The Dell is an IPS panel which will probably have slightly better overall image quality.

I would go for the BENQ you listed specifically for the resolution and refresh rate.

Solution