Forum/site issues 10/27/14

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
Hello everybody,

You might be experiencing a number of issues on the forums and the site as a whole, ranging from slow load times to 404/500 errors, and duplicate posts. We're aware of the issue and our team is working on trying to sort it out. We apologize for the inconvenience and that this has been a recurring issue the past few weeks. We wish this wasn't the case, but rest assured that we're doing all that we can to ensure that everybody has a smooth browsing experience. We have been looking into preventative measures for these kinds of situations and hope to implement them soon.

Again, many apologies for any issues you run into while browsing the forums. Please bear with it, it will be resolved as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Kevin Ng
Community Assistant, Tom's Hardware & Tom's Guide

UPDATE 10/28 9:30 A.M. EST

It seems we are still experiencing problems. We believe it to be a network issue, but our teams are having some difficulties in trying to resolve it. We're continuing to work on it, and some functionality seems to have returned. Further updates will come as we learn more.

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
This applies to everybody. We just went down for about a half hour, which I assume was a result of the devs trying to reboot everything. Things are still a bit slow, but it looks to be slowly coming back together. I'm hoping to get some kind of update from them on this soon.

I noticed this actually loaded pretty quickly. Not quite to normal speeds, but its progress.
Edit: Everything seems to be back to normal, lets hope it stays that way. Good work by the devs.

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
We are (apprehensively) optimistic right now and believe things to be back on track. Personally, I am running into a few layout errors with the site not displaying properly on a few pages, but things are up, they are mostly back at full speed, and it looks good.

We are still monitoring the situation, so if anybody runs into any bugs, errors, or unexpected rough spots, please let us know.