Displayport not working- Need help (slightly urgent)

Arcturus314

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013
Hi all, I just bought a new monitor, the Samsung UD590.

Since it is a 4K monitor I would like to use Displayport to get the full 60Hz refresh rate. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get Displayport to work. When I boot Windows, I see my mobo boot screen, the Windows boot screen with the spinning dots, and then the screen turns black.

HDMI used to work fine but now I am having the same issue as with Displayport. I can get to the BIOS boot screen fine, but the moment Windows finishes booting up the screen turns black. The monitor is still recieving a signal.

I'm using two R9 280Xs in Crossfire on Catalyst 13.1. I had the same issue on 14.4 but I heard the 14.XX drivers have issues with Displayport so downgraded my drivers to 13.1.

Any ideas? I have a bunch of work I need to get done tonight but I can't use my monitor...

Thanks,
Kaveh

Arcturus314

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013
Well I have managed to get it to boot and display an image. The screen loses signal every second or so now, with bars flashing across the screen and the picture getting misaligned. I'm tempted to think the cable has a poor connection but I didn't see these problems in the boot screen.

EDIT: I don't see any screen tearing or flashing at 1080p
EDIT 2: Screen tearing happened again at 2560 x 1440, the max resolution it lets me select.
EDIT 3: It appears to be bandwidth related- the higher the resolution the more screen tearing / signal loss. Any ideas?

Arcturus314

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013
Same problem in safe mode. It refuses to run above 1280 x 1024.

It is using the Microsoft Basic Display Driver instead of AMD drivers though.

EDIT: In normal (not safe) mode CCC recognizes the display as 4K, it just refuses to set the resolution to 4K.

TRENDING THREADS