Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming High Temperature

Leonardo Massoni

Honorable
Nov 28, 2013
Hi guys! I bought a Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming, but i´m worried about the temperatures. Many reviews reported that G1 temperature stayed around 61 ~ 65ºC on full load. Mine stays at 70 ~ 75º on Full load on games like Ryse and Shadow of Mordor. If i open the side of my case, the temperature drops to 68. I have a Corsair Carbide 500. Even in a room with the ambient temperature around 20 ~ 21ºC. I use the default profile for the fan in MSI Afterburner. At 70ºC the Fan speed is around 70%. What is wrong? With the windforce I expect to drop at least 5ºC.

Leonardo Massoni

Honorable
Nov 28, 2013
I did some more tests. I set the room temperature to 22ºC, opened my hardcase and my card goes to 70 75º degress on full load. I know it is a good temperature, but many tests reported a 60 ~65 and even 58ºC on full load. I even put some more thermal paste in the GPU, but nothing changed. Do you think could be a manufacter problem? I am paranoid?

EDIT: I did a stress test with OCCT and in 2min, max temps were 86ºC.

Mafia Hitman

Reputable
May 1, 2015
I had this High Idle Temp issue since 4 to 5 months. I search over internet everywhere cant found the solution. but then finally i bought gta 5 i love that game so much watching youtube videos of gta 5 ultra settings graphics looks so awesome. but when i do my gta5 graphics on ultra results loss of fps and shuttering occured. but then finally i rid this issue by my self and now i can play on ultra with full 60fps no shutterng fucking hell smooth you hav to do 2 things as mention below.
1. Open a command prompt. (Run a command prompt as Administrator in Windows vista/7/8)
Copy command line and Paste sc stop NvStreamSvc hit enter then copy paste 2nd line on 2nd task sc config NvStreamSvc start= disabled then hit enter close cmd
2. Go to task manager and stop this process. (Services and Controllerapp.exe32*)
close task manager. Now see your temp it will decrease and gpu utilization will be reduce from 97% to Early 1% to 15%
Suggestion: Keep ur Room Cool Always.
Hope it works for u all.