After duplicating monitors, graphic quality poor.

Donovan Fremeth

Reputable
Oct 28, 2014
Hello, first time poster here and in dire need of help.
This week I wanted to play games (metro 2033) and show my friends. So I duplicated my monitors ( Screen 1: HDMI Screen 2: DVI ) onto both screens. Eventually when I started playing metro I started to get complete screen blackouts at certain spots in the game or at specific angles with a drastically diminished resolution on the HDMI monitor. The other monitor seemed to be doing just fine.
After being nearly unable to play I went and quit the game and then switching to my original display. I hadn't opened metro for the past 3 days but after going back ( thinking that the problem was only temporary ) the screen resolution and blackouts had stayed.

Specs:
Intel core i5-2320
eVGA Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 ti

Solution
The 750 Ti is definitely not designed for gaming on dual monitors. Dual monitors essentially means double the work for the GPU, as there are twice as many pixels to render. Its kinda like running on a 4K display, which only a handful of single GPUs do well. You could SLI the 750 Ti or upgrade, but otherwise there isn't much you can do.

IndyAJD

Honorable
Sep 6, 2013
The 750 Ti is definitely not designed for gaming on dual monitors. Dual monitors essentially means double the work for the GPU, as there are twice as many pixels to render. Its kinda like running on a 4K display, which only a handful of single GPUs do well. You could SLI the 750 Ti or upgrade, but otherwise there isn't much you can do.

Solution

HyNrgy

Reputable
Mar 15, 2014
also if you are running different resolutions on the two screens it puts massive drain on the resources of the gpu, cpu, ram because as it isn't only doing the pixels on two screens it is having to calculate for two different ratios and resolutions and with most games at 30 fps or greater that means it is doing minimum 60 fps or more